Essential Service Designations:
- West Virginia classifies essential services as: healthcare, public health operations, and insurance companies; grocery stores and pharmacies; food, beverage, and agriculture services; essential government functions; human service organizations and childcare providers; essential infrastructure; coal mining; manufacturing and distributions for critical products; transportation and travel related businesses; financial and insurance institutions; hardware and supply stores; critical trades; mail and delivery services; religious entities; education institutions; laundry services; home care services; residential facilities and shelters; professional services; media; hotels and motels; and funeral services. Details can be found here.
Labor & Workforce Guidance, Standards and Regulations:
- West Virginia released reopening guidance for businesses based on sector in each phase of reopening. Details for each sector can be found here.
Economic Stimulus & Relief:
- Governor Justice announced $43 million in insurance credits to help West Virginian businesses. (November 9)
- Governor Justice awarded $1 million to West Virginia food banks. (October 14)
- Governor Justice announced that beginning next week, WorkForce West Virginia will begin distributing an additional $400 per week in Lost Wages Assistance. (September 9)
- Governor Justice has awarded an additional $1.1 million to help additional fairs and festivals across West Virginia. (August 18)
- Governor Justice awarded $1.5 million to help more than 330 fairs and festivals that had to be cancelled. (August 13)
- Governor Justice announced that $6.1 million in grant funding has been provided to West Virginia from the US Department of Justice. (June 16)
- Governor Justice announced summer food assistance programs, improving coordination among all state, federal and community nutritional resources. (June 4)
Business Support & Resources:
- Governor Justice announced that applications for small businesses seeking to receive funding through the Governor’s West Virginia CARES Act Small Business Grant Program, are now online. (July 15)
- Governor Justice and WorkForce West Virginia announced a new opportunity for self-employed workers to receive additional benefits available through Pandemic Unemployment Assistance under the CARES Act through the state. (April 21)